I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter!
There is one age-old debate that sticks out in my mind when I think of real versus fake food and it can be semi-controversial. They both have their drawbacks and positive sides, but when it comes to butter and margarine, I would choose butter one-hundred percent of the time. As a dairy farmer, I may have a biased opinion, but I believe that the truth is that butter is better for you. It is a natural food that has been around for hundreds of years. Butter also has a lot less “fake” ingredients than margarine. The “fake” ingredients in margarine cause reduced quality in breast milk as well as slowing immune response time. I think that those are some pretty big drawbacks when it comes to eating margarine over butter.
There are some positives that come with eating margarine over butter unfortunately. Margarine has a lower level of saturated fats by about 2 grams per tablespoon of each. There are also many studies out there that say margarine is healthier for you in many different ways. One of the most commonly stated ways is the fact that margarine does not become rancid or spoils like butter tends to. Also, butter is made from a very fattening cream that is produced from the milk of cows.
I have eaten both and definitely prefer the taste of butter over margarine. I also prefer butter over margarine after reading these two articles. To me, margarine sounds fake and not healthy for you. It does not spoil or get rancid and that right there should warn you that it is packed with more preservatives than I care to be putting into my body. As a dairy farmer, I will continue to support myself by buying my own butter that is made from the cows that I milk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment