Thursday, March 25, 2010

Breakfast with Tiffany

I live in Babcock House on University Avenue. We are a corporation that is tax exempt and very low cost, but that is not important. The best thing about Babcock House is having eight meals a week made for us by our fabulous cook Tiffany. She comes in to the house Monday-Thursday to cook and prepare meals for us. I have the luxury of helping out Tiffany on Mondays and Wednesdays. I usually don’t have to do a whole lot because she does all of the planning for the meals. She also orders all of our cooking supplies from Dierks-Wakesha Food Supply. All of our meals are made from scratch and I believe that Michael Pollan would approve. Tiffany definitely cooks by the motto “mostly plants,” which is a big part of Michael Pollan’s book.
When I help Tiffany out on Mondays and Wednesdays, I help her out from 11:00-12:10. In that time, I help do a variety of tasks. I set the table and do little odds and ends to help her out every time; however, this past Wednesday, I got to make some cookies all on my own for dessert. She was short on time and didn’t have enough cookies for everyone. I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch. I used semi-sweet chocolate that had to be cut up, rather than the usual Nestle Chocolate Chips. I used the recipe from the back of the Nestle bag. The cookies turned out well and everyone liked them.
I also helped her make the Vietnamese sandwiches that day which consisted of pork, carrots, cucumbers, and peppers. They are very healthy for us. With Tiffany here as our cook, it is not necessary to plan a meal because she does all of that for us. She makes sure we all eat healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment