Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cookie for me, Cookie for you

I gave my speech on how to make chocolate chip cookies. It was a fairly easy topic to give a speech on because I already knew how to make the cookies. Those are also some really good cookies to eat and they go great with ice cream, or in ice cream.
After reviewing my speech, I think that there are a lot of things that I did well and there are things that also need some improvement. I believe that the rate of speech was very good. It was slow and easy to understand and follow. I was also very thorough with my steps and directions. The introduction was very solid and introduced the topic very well. It gave a little history and background and added depth to my speech. The speech was also within the time limit of five to six minutes. Furthermore, I feel that it was very well organized. There was also a little bit of humor added to it to break the tension and I did not laugh when I said the jokes.
Unfortunately, there is still a lot of room for improvement. I sounded very monotonous while I was speaking and that is never good when giving a speech. Some of the audience was probably just ready to eat the cookies and was wondering why this guy was up there speaking. But hey, everyone got cookies. I also seemed a little uneasy up in front of the class and that was evident when I stuttered or lost my train of thought. I could have also made more eye contact with the audience, especially during my introduction.
Overall, it was a solid speech and definitely was worthy of the grade I received on it. I was happy with it and the cookies were tasty so all went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment